BCI Research Assistant at Neuralink – Salary Between $87,015—$119,384 USD (Fremont, California, United States) Apply Now
We are creating the future of brain-computer interfaces: building devices now that have the potential to help people with paralysis regain mobility and independence and invent new technologies that could expand our abilities, our community, and our world.
The BCI Applications team is developing software and algorithms that translate neural signals into computer control. As a Research Assistant on our team, you’ll collaborate with software engineers, neuroengineers, animal trainers, mechanical engineers, and veterinarians to collect and analyze data to improve our neural decoding processes.
- Run daily sessions with non-human primates (NHPs) and clinical trial participants to test new neural decoding algorithms (30%)
- Analyze data and drive insights that guide R&D decisions – e.g., behavior, BCI performance, and electrophysiological data (60%)
- Develop new experiment setups and assist in training NHPs to play new games (10%)
- Clinical trial sessions might require travel (0-30% of the time)
- Education in a science-related field (e.g. neuroscience, biology, engineering, physics, software, etc.)
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience collecting data
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience collecting physiological or other time-series data
- Experience working with and training animals
- Experience with psychophysics research
- Experience collecting data for clinical trials
Based on California law, the following details are for California individuals only:
California base salary range:
For full-time employees, your compensation package will include two major components: salary and equity. Guidance on salary for this role will be determined according to the level you enter the organization (with the ability to gain more through time as you contribute).
Full-Time Employees are eligible for equity and benefits listed below in addition.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won’t apply if they don’t meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don’t check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.